- Post report
- Contact Form
- Feedback thread
- Private Conversation
1. Post report
Don't start a Private Conversation with one moderator about posts that break rules. If you try to guess which moderators are online and on duty and start a Private Conversation with a moderator who is not actually available, it has to wait for their return. If you send it to the wrong staff member they will forward it to the correct person, but that will also delay your report.
The same applies to Private Conversations and Profile Posts that you report.
2. Contact Form
To use the Contact Form, log into your forum account if possible (so we won't have to ask you to verify your identity), then click Support and Contact Us at the top of any forum page. You will be given a form to type your message.
Use the Contact Form to send a message to the administrators in cases such as these:
- You are having trouble with your account. Examples:
- You spelled your user name wrong while registering.
- You can't get your activation message despite following the Activation Troubleshooting steps.
- You can't reset your password using the Lost Password feature on the login screen.
- You want to report a forum problem and you require a reply.
- You want to inquire about, question, or dispute a moderation action.
- You want to inquire about forum rules or policies or ask if a thread topic would be OK. If you are in doubt about what you can post, we suggest that you ask in advance.
- You want to ask about a user name change and have already read the FAQ section: Can I change my user name?
- You want to ask about account cancelation and have already read the FAQ section: How do I cancel my account?
- You're a paid member and want to change your special user title.
Do not use the Contact Form in these cases:
- If you don't have permission to view the page. Instead, email our support team.
- To submit news and rumors. Instead click Got a tip for us? Let us know at the top of the page or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We don't publish routine press releases but you can submit news that might be of interest to our editors.
- To report posts that break forum rules. Use the Post Report system instead so it'll be handled much more promptly. Exception: If you need a reply to a message about forum problems.
- To report an annoying ad. Use the Site and Forum Feedback forum instead. See What do I do about annoying ads?.
- To ask for help with technical problems with an Apple product. The real expertise at MacRumors can be found among our tens of thousands of helpful forum users. Browse or search the forums for an answer or start a thread with your question. See How do I post or start a new thread?.
- To inquire about advertising at MacRumors.
Many Contact messages are answered within one working day, but depending on the issue and how much discussion or research is needed, it can take up to a week. We have more moderators than administrators and since the administrators also manage the site and forum system you may need to be patient. We reply to almost every Contact message but we ignore spam, ads, and extremely rude messages. Some answers take research, another reason for patience. For problems that require quick action or routine forum moderation, use the Report Post icon.
3. Feedback thread
Do not use the Site and Forum Feedback forum for personal moderation issues, since forum moderation is handled privately. For details, see Is moderation handled privately?. If you want specifics about a particular case, use the Contact Form.
4. Private Conversation
- You are following up on a previous conversation with that moderator or administrator.
- You have a question for a particular moderator or administrator based on something they posted, such as an instruction or guidance.
- The message is a personal one not related to moderation, but to an individual who happens to be a moderator or administrator.
- The issue is touchy so you want to send it to only one particular moderator or administrator you trust most.
When you shouldn't contact the staff
- When we have news or rumors, we post them in news stories. We don't have extra "inside" information to give you.
- Our forum members, as a group, are almost always a better source of answers than any single person can be. Some of our staff are quite knowledgeable, but they are part of the forum membership too, so they and others can answer questions if you post them in the appropriate forum.
In rare cases, somebody needs to contact our site owner arn directly. You can do so at email@example.com, but only for "exceptions." You should rely on the moderators and administrators for anything they can handle. That's what they volunteered to do, to leave arn free to run the site and find you news and rumors!